Proven salary negotiation strategies and tactics for Software Developers
What do you need help with?
The process worked like magic.
I recently negotiated a new job offer that I consider way above what they offered me first. It’s a software engineering management position, and initially I was offered 160k+ with no sign on bonus. But I followed your guide I negotiated to 180k+ with 20k+ sign on bonus. That’s a nice 42k increase, or over 25% more than what they provided first.
I’m not trying to negotiate just to be greedy and get more, but to negotiate a compensation that I can work hard without distraction thinking I’m underpaid for the hard work.
And your guide played a key role. I followed the exact process you outlined—ask recruiter to wait, write a convincing counter offer email, and prepare a negotiation script before talking on the phone—and it worked like magic.
Articles you may also like
- A salary negotiation email (to negotiate your starting salary)
- A salary increase letter to ask your boss for a raise
- How to answer the "What's your expected salary?" question
- How to negotiate your salary (without leaving anything on the table)
- Got a job offer from Amazon? Learn how to negotiate your salary