How to get bigger paychecks in 2020
Not only did John know he was underpaid, but he could practically see the dollars flying out the window with every passing paycheck.
Every time he decided to do something about it, he ran into a wall that stopped his momentum:
When should he ask? During his performance review? Some other time? He wasn't sure.
How should he ask? Maybe he should get coffee with his boss. Or he could send an email, but what would he say?
How much should he ask for? He wasn't sure and didn't know how to find out.
And maybe the most intimidating question of all: What if they say no? Then what would he do?
I’ve used the skills and techniques I learned in this course again and again over the last four years. It’s been a huge part of reaching where I am today—earning 400% more in total compensation than when I first took the course.
When I first started the course, I was earning $75k. I wanted a raise, but didn’t know where to start. Josh’s course walked me through a simple process to prepare my case and ask for a raise. Each lesson had specific action items for me to make steady progress, and I got feedback on my work plus great answers to my questions every step of the way.
Since taking the course, I’ve negotiated several compensation increases ranging between $15k and $40k/year at different companies. At one role, negotiating helped me reach $210k/year in total compensation, which was the top-of-band salary and stock offered. Most recently, I negotiated for an extra $40k in RSUs before accepting an offer with Twitter.
Josh's course has helped me practice and get comfortable with salary negotiation and it has really changed my life for the better. I needed a push and a process, and this course gave me both.
With the right plan, you can finally able to do something about that too-small paycheck and start making real progress on your financial and professional goals, just like John did.
The key is that you need to make it super easy for your manager to understand exactly what you deserve and communicate that to the higher-ups in your company.
The easier you make it for your manager to communicate with the higher-ups, the sooner you'll get the raise you deserve.
Based on my experience as a hiring manager, I will show you exactly how to determine what you should be paid so you know what to ask for, and you'll learn how to demonstrate that you deserve a raise based on the valuable work you do.
I will show you how to make sure you have everything you need to talk to your manager about your raise, ho to schedule that meeting, and how to put everything in writing after you talk so it's easy for your manager to approve your request and pass it along to the higher-ups.
I wasn’t sure if the value was there but now that I’ve taken it I can say that EVERYONE should take this course.
I wanted to make sure I wasn’t leaving money on the table and that I knew what my manager and company were looking for to give me a raise. This course taught me exactly what I needed to know, and Josh gave great answers to all of my questions about my specific situation.
Now I know that preparing for a raise is not difficult or overwhelming with the right guidance and the systemic process I learned in this course.
Get Your Next Raise
Finally get the raise that you deserve
- 7 short video lessons - Short but detailed video lessons cover each step to build your case and request your raise.
- Worksheets to help you build your case - Estimate your market value and bulid your case with simple worksheets.
- 7 email templates - Tactfully communicate with your manager throughout the process.
- The exact process I use for my coaching clients - This is exactly what I do with my coaching clients who pay $1,000+ for me to walk through the process with them.
Happy Customer GuaranteeIf you're not happy, I'll refund your money.
My employer adjusted my comp today to $160k. So $123k to $160k = $37k raise overnight.
So thank you for creating Get Your Next Raise. Obviously I brought the goods in terms of bringing value to my employer. But, when I saw Get Your Next Raise it immediately made sense how it would improve how I communicate that value. All I needed to do was follow the plan, and see what they had to say.
It felt particularly empowering to have everything prepared in advance. I smiled inside when my manager asked me to send her an email with evidence to support my request, and I already had it queued up and ready to go. Also, doing market research was valuable so that I wasn’t just basing my request on what I want or think I’m worth, but that I was actually in line with the same numbers they would see in their own research.
Also, I can’t be certain of this, but I’m pretty confident that the raise they would have given me as part of the normal review cycle is nowhere near what I got by making the request and backing it up.
Get Your Next Raise was easy to follow, and like I said, it made sense to me. I spent less than two hours doing the work to prepare everything. That’s an insane return :)
Best of all, I feel valued and respected not just by the individuals within the organization (which I’ve always felt), but also by the organization itself. I’m really looking forward to growing my contributions there... especially now that I have a system for recording and communicating the value I bring.
Thank you again.
What is Get Your Next Raise?
This course will help you set your goal and build your case for your next raise. You'll work at your own pace, as quickly or casually as you like.
Lessons, action items, feedback, progress
- Each lesson has a video where you will learn what you need to complete your action items for that lesson. You can approach the process in seven manageable lessons so you don't get overwhelmed.
- Each lesson has clear action items to keep you moving forward. As you move through each lesson and complete the action items, you will move on to the next lesson.
- Lesson 1: Start now—How Get Your Next Raise will get you un-stuck.
- Lesson 2: Estimate your market value—The first step to determine how much to ask for.
- Lesson 3: Set your goal—Now that you know your market value, you can set your goal—your target salary—so you ask for the right amount.
- Lesson 4: Build your case—Show your boss you deserve a raise.
- Lesson 5: Put your case in writing—Combine your target salary, accomplishments and accolades into a single email template to make your case for your next raise.
- Lesson 6: Ask for your raise—How to ask your boss for the raise you deserve and follow up to get a definitive result.
- Lesson 7: Plan your next steps—Learn exactly how to respond if your boss says no or asks you to wait a little longer.
Common questions and answers
How long does this take?
Each lesson should take 30–60 minutes. Your total time invested will probably be about 4–5 hours.
The course is self-paced, so you can move through the lessons as quickly or leisurely as you like. You could easily complete the course in a day or two, or take your time over a few weeks.
How does it work?
Here's a high-level summary of the cadence for each of the seven lessons:
- Starts with an email overview of the lesson and a link to the lesson page
- Watch the lesson video lesson (5 to 10 minutes)
- Complete the lesson's action items using the included templates and worksheets
- Move on to the next lesson when you're ready
Each lesson has a video lesson to define your goals for that lesson and cover the background and details you need to complete the lesson's action items.
What does "self-paced" mean?
You can move as quickly or slowly as you like, and the course will help you keep moving. You can jump into the next lesson whenever you're ready.
You could finish the entire course in one sitting, or you could pace yourself with one lesson per day or week.
A former hiring manager shows you how to finally get the raise you deserve
I'm Josh Doody, a professional salary negotiation coach who helps Software Developers get more job offers and negotiate higher salaries. On average, the Software Developers I work with improve their job offers by $46,150.
I didn't negotiate my salary at my first few jobs, but quickly realized I had left a lot of money on the table. I began negotiating and I doubled my salary in three years.
Then, as a hiring manager, I developed a repeatable process to help my team get the raises they deserve. You'll learn that same process in Get Your Next Raise.
Happy Customer Guarantee
plus lifetime updates
You're protected by the Happy Customer Guarantee: If you’re not happy with the course, reach out any time and I’ll refund your money.
That’s it—there’s no fine print. I know how valuable Get Your Next Raise is and I know you’ll find it valuable.
You the course—I don’t use DRM or limit the number of devices you can use—and you will own them forever.
Plus I'll email you to let you know when I update the course for the lifetime of the product.