“I wanted a raise, but didn't know where to start.”
Once John realized it had been way too long since he had gotten a raise, it was all he could think about.
Not only did he know he was underpaid, but he could practically see the dollars flying out the window with every passing paycheck.
The worst part was that he knew he could never get those dollars back—once they were gone, they were gone.
And his smaller-than-it-should-be paycheck was costing him valuable time as well. It was taking too long to pay off his student loans and the interest was piling up. It was taking him forever to save up for a down payment on a house while he watched housing prices go higher and higher.
He knew he deserved a raise but he wasn't sure where to start.
Should he talk to his manager? (Yes.)
Should he ask for a specific amount? (Yes.)
Should he brag about his accomplishments? (Yes.)
I wanted a raise, but didn't know where to start.
This course walked me through a simple process to prepare my case and ask for a raise. Each lesson had specific action items for me to make steady progress, and I got feedback on my work plus great answers to my questions every step of the way.
I needed a push and a process, and this course gave me both. I'm definitely recommending this course to my friends.
With the right plan, you can finally able to do something about that too-small paycheck and start making real progress on your financial and professional goals, just like John did.
The key is that you need to make it super easy for your manager to understand exactly what you deserve and communicate that to the higher-ups in your company.
The easier you make it for your manager to communicate with the higher-ups, the sooner you'll get the raise you deserve.
Based on my experience as a hiring manager, I will show you exactly how to determine what you should be paid so you know what to ask for, and you'll learn how to demonstrate that you deserve a raise based on the valuable work you do.
I will show you how to make sure you have everything you need to talk to your manager about your raise, ho to schedule that meeting, and how to put everything in writing after you talk so it's easy for your manager to approve your request and pass it along to the higher-ups.
I wasn’t sure if the value was there but now that I’ve taken it I can say that EVERYONE should take this course.
I wanted to make sure I wasn’t leaving money on the table and that I knew what my manager and company were looking for to give me a raise. This course taught me exactly what I needed to know, and Josh gave great answers to all of my questions about my specific situation.
Now I know that preparing for a raise is not difficult or overwhelming with the right guidance and the systemic process I learned in this course.
Get Your Next Raise
Finally get the raise that you deserve
- 7 short video lessons - Short but detailed video lessons cover each step to build your case and request your raise.
- Worksheets to help you build your case - Estimate your market value and bulid your case with simple worksheets.
- 7 email templates - Tactfully communicate with your manager throughout the process.
- The exact process I use for my coaching clients - This is exactly what I do with my coaching clients who pay $1,000+ for me to walk through the process with them.
Happy Customer GuaranteeIf you're not happy, I'll refund your money.
What is Get Your Next Raise?
This course will help you set your goal and build your case for your next raise. You'll work at your own pace, as quickly or casually as you like.
Lessons, action items, feedback, progress
- Each lesson has a video where you will learn what you need to complete your action items for that lesson. You can approach the process in seven manageable lessons so you don't get overwhelmed.
- Each lesson has clear action items to keep you moving forward. As you move through each lesson and complete the action items, you will move on to the next lesson.
- Lesson 1: Start now—How Get Your Next Raise will get you un-stuck.
- Lesson 2: Estimate your market value—Before you can set your goal, you need to know your market value.
- Lesson 3: Set your goal——Now that you know your market value, you can set your goal—your target salary.
- Lesson 4: Build your case——Document your accomplishments and accolades to demonstrate the value you have added since your salary was last set,
- Lesson 5: Put your case in writing—Combine your target salary, accomplishments and accolades into a single document to make your case for your next raise.
- Lesson 6: Ask for your raise—Now that you have a strong, written case, you can confidently ask your manager for your raise.
- Lesson 7: Plan your next steps—Learn how your manager is likely to respond to your request, what each response means, and how to plan your next steps for each outcome.
Common questions and answers
How long does this take?
Each lesson should take 30–60 minutes. Your total time invested will probably be about 4–5 hours.
The course is self-paced, so you can move through the lessons as quickly or leisurely as you like. You could easily complete the course in a day or two, or take your time over a few weeks.
How does it work?
Here's a high-level summary of the cadence for each of the seven lessons:
- Starts with an email overview of the lesson and a link to the lesson page
- Watch the lesson video lesson (5 to 10 minutes)
- Complete the lesson's action items using the included templates and worksheets
- Move on to the next lesson when you're ready
Each lesson has a video lesson to define your goals for that lesson and cover the background and details you need to complete the lesson's action items.
What does "self-paced" mean?
You can move as quickly or slowly as you like, and the course will help you keep moving. You can jump into the next lesson whenever you're ready.
You could finish the entire course in one sitting, or you could pace yourself with one lesson per day or week.
A former hiring manager shows you how to finally get the raise you deserve
I'm Josh Doody, a professional salary negotiation coach who helps Software Developers get more job offers and negotiate higher salaries. On average, the Software Developers I work with improve their job offers by $46,150.
I didn't negotiate my salary at my first few jobs, but quickly realized I had left a lot of money on the table. I began negotiating and I doubled my salary in three years.
Then, as a hiring manager, I developed a repeatable process to help my team get the raises they deserve. You'll learn that same process in Get Your Next Raise.
Happy Customer Guarantee
plus lifetime updates
You're protected by the Happy Customer Guarantee: If you’re not happy with the course, reach out any time and I’ll refund your money.
That’s it—there’s no fine print. I know how valuable Get Your Next Raise is and I know you’ll find it valuable.
You the course—I don’t use DRM or limit the number of devices you can use—and you will own them forever.
Plus I'll email you to let you know when I update the course for the lifetime of the product.