Save 20% when you buy now!
What you'll accomplish in this lesson
You will estimate your market value using a simple three-step process. Before you ask for your raise, it's important to have a specific goal in mind. To set that goal—your target salary—you need to know your market value.
Your market value will give you a baseline that you can adjust to set your target salary in the next lesson.
- Download the Get Your Next Raise Market Value Estimation worksheet
- Use the worksheet to estimate your market value
- Record your market value estimate in the Get Your Next Raise worksheet
- Get Your Next Raise Market Value Estimation worksheet (download)
- How to Estimate Your Market Value—Read the chapter from Fearless Salary Negotiation
Email me to ask questions or get feedback as you go! You can also reply to any of the course emails in your inbox.
- Lesson 1: Start now
- Lesson 2: Estimate your market value
- Lesson 3: Set your goal
- Lesson 4: Build your case
- Lesson 5: Put your case in writing
- Lesson 6: Ask your manager for your raise
- Lesson 7: Plan your next steps
I wasn’t sure if the value was there but now that I’ve taken it I can say that EVERYONE should take this course.
I wanted to make sure I wasn’t leaving money on the table and that I knew what my manager and company were looking for to give me a raise. This course taught me exactly what I needed to know, and Josh gave great answers to all of my questions about my specific situation.
Now I know that preparing for a raise is not difficult or overwhelming with the right guidance and the systemic process I learned in this course.Thai, Senior Software Engineer