Get professional, personalized advice from a salary negotiation expert
On average, my clients improve their job offers by over $16,000
Strategy Sessions are currently unavailable
I'm unable to schedule strategy sessions at this time as I am focused on providing the best experience for my salary negotiation coaching clients.
Experienced Software Developer negotiating a job offer soon? My salary negotiation coaching service might be right for you!
Not confident you'll say the right things?
You have a job offer in hand. You're relieved and might even celebrate a little bit. Then you feel a sense of dread as you realize you're not sure what to say next.
Do you just accept the offer? Counter offer? How much?
Imagine knowing exactly what to say
Imagine this - Imagine replacing that sense of dread with complete confidence. Imagine having a clear plan to respond to your job offer and negotiate your salary like a seasoned negotiator. Imagine knowing exactly how to negotiate so everyone is satisfied with a win-win result and knowing you didn't leave anything on the table.
Speak with a seasoned salary negotiation expert
Get the exact words to negotiate with confidence. Your intuition is good - you know you're leaving money on the table if you don't negotiate. All you need is the steps to get it done. I'll tell you exactly how to negotiate your salary with a clear, easy-to-follow plan.
I'll reach out right away to schedule our call where you'll get expert guidance to help you with your most pressing career concerns. Common topics for my strategy sessions are:
- Salary negotiation strategy Not sure how to respond to your job offer? I'll give you a clear plan to get the best compensation package.
- Mock interviews Need to work on your interviewing skills? I can help!
- Positioning strategy I will show you how to differentiate yourself from other candidates in your interviews.
- Raise and promotion strategy I'll help you put a plan together for your next raise or promotion.
The extra $6,000 helped me afford my dream apartment in a safe, well-kept area where my family can rest easy.
I ended up getting the job, and I was able to negotiate from them an extra $6,000! I definitely wouldn't have been able to do that without Josh's help!
The extra $6,000 helped me afford my dream apartment in a safe, well-kept area where my family can rest easy. It's an apartment that impresses and that I enjoy coming home to!
Not only that, but I am less worried about when my student loan payments need to start being paid back because I know I have enough to make my payments.
There are simple tactics you can use to ace your interviews and confidently negotiate your starting salary. I’ve used them myself to get great job offers and negotiate my own salary. I’ve many helped others use them to do the same at companies like Google, Amazon, IBM, and Tesla.
During our call, I'll ask targeted questions to learn exactly what I need to know about your situation. Then I'll work with you to plan your next steps to get the best job offer and negotiate your starting salary.
At first it seemed pricey, but it was absolutely worth it.
It was a breeze scheduling my strategy session with Josh. And it gave me a sense of confidence I've never had before when going into both a job interview and negotiation process. We were able to touch on everything from very small, specific questions I had, to large questions that have implications on my overall career and reputation.
Three great benefits of my strategy session were:
- Josh validated some of the decisions I've made up to this point.
- Josh empowered me to be able to make my own decisions about the negotiation process when it comes.
- Josh didn't sugar coat his feedback to me when I answered a practice interview question, which was great.
I'd strongly recommend working with Josh. I'm glad I did so relatively early on in my career so I can apply what I learned throughout my career. That being said, I'm confident that even the most seasoned professional could stand to learn something from a session with him.
I will walk you through the entire process
When you work with me, you’ll know exactly what to expect every step of the way, and you’ll have a clear plan to follow.
I will help you...
- Prepare for your interviews so that you stand out from other candidates, impress everyone you talk to, and set yourself up with the best job offer possible.
- Avoid common mistakes that could cost you thousands of dollars in your interviews and starting salary negotiation.
- Prepare a plan for every phase of your starting salary negotiation so you maximize your starting salary and other benefits.
Expert coaching tailored for your unique situation.
- One-hour strategy call—I'll talk you through a personalized plan for your situation, tell you what's coming next, and tell you exactly how to negotiate the maximum starting salary.
- Expert feedback—Once you get your job offer, I will work with you to evaluate the offer and create a custom strategy for negotiating the best possible result.
- Tactics to recover from common interview and negotiation mistakes—If you already made common interview and salary negotiation mistakes, I can help. Maybe you already declared your salary expectations or mentioned that your current job ends soon. That's ok! I'll work with you to find ways to recover from those mistakes and get you back on track to negotiate the best salary possible.
- BONUS: You'll get the Complete Bundle of Fearless Salary Negotiation (a $239 value) so you'll have everything you need for our engagement, and so you can review everything you learn later on.
With research and a good plan, I got a $17,000 raise! Now I know I'm valued and I can finally stop worrying about whether I was underpaid.
This coaching isn’t cheap, and I already owned Fearless Salary Negotiation, so I knew the process to ask for a raise. But even though I knew I should be paid more and I knew the process, I kept running into road blocks with my boss.
I wanted help for my specific situation, and I needed a push to make a plan and see it through, so I decided to give this coaching a try.
What a great decision! Josh helped me formulate a solid plan, and he gave me quick feedback as we talked through different scenarios and possible outcomes so I knew exactly what to expect and how to react.
The extra income helped me start a second business and begin a remodel on our home. It has also made it easier for my wife to take time off of work and spend time at home with our new baby.
I recommend this coaching because salary negotiations are important, and going it alone is risky when you can have expert guidance on your side.
Common questions and answers
Have you negotiated with any big companies?
Yes! I've coached people in negotiations with Google, Amazon, IBM, Tesla, and other companies you've probably heard of. I've also coached people through negotiations with small startups and small businesses you probably haven't heard of.
When is the best time to work with you?
The ideal time for us to start working together is right when you get a job offer. Once you have the offer in hand, we can talk through your situation, evaluate the offer, and build a custom salary negotiation strategy just for your situation.
I'm interviewing with a big famous company. Can you help me?
Yes. I've helped clients negotiate great compensation packages at Google, Amazon, Tesla and other companies you've heard of.
Can you help me negotiate multiple job offers?
Strategy Sessions are best for discussing a single opportunity. For help negotiating multiple job offers, consider my salary negotiation coaching service.
Do you do mock interviews and negotiations?
Yep! You can schedule a strategy session to do a mock interview, mock salary negotiation, discuss your positioning, plan your strategy to ask for a raise, or even discuss your long-term career plans.
For a small amount of money I was able to speak to Josh about my situation. With his help, I was able to gain $2K in base salary. All I needed to do was send an email and make a phone call.
I had three offers and one of them was through a recruiting agency. I had never been in this situation and didn't know how to deal with a pushy recruiter and waiting to fully explore my other offers. Josh has valuable knowledge and experience and was able to give me advice tailored to my specific situation when I didn't know what to do.
He gave me really valuable advice and simplified the negotiation situation for me. Just follow his negotiation strategy and you will definitely raise your salary or receive better benefits.
For a small amount of money I was able to speak to Josh about my situation. With his help, I was able to gain $2K in base salary. All I needed to do was send an email and make a phone call. Just follow the process and you will get a better offer!
Here are some other highlights from our strategy session:
- We did a mock negotiation to practice different scenarios.
- We discussed a precise plan of action to get the best offer for my situation.
- Josh helped me to realize that I held much more power in my situation. It costs companies a great deal of money to get to the point of giving someone an offer. They will work with you if they are a company that is worth working for.
Josh has a lot of great experience that really became valuable during the negotiation process. The benefits I received from this experience absolutely outweighed the cost of the strategy sessions!
I'm more excited to begin my new job because they were willing to negotiate, giving me confidence that they value me as an employee. It feels good to get a win-win result for everyone.
Does this actually work?
Yep! Most of these testimonials are from people I helped directly. I've been coaching people for almost 2 years and my clients have gotten great results.
How long does this take?
We'll talk for up to an hour to make sure you're completely ready to negotiate your salary.
Book a 1-on-1 Strategy Session
- 1-hour strategy call with a salary negotiation expert
- Fearless Salary Negotiation PDF, ePub, mobi
- 4 detailed worksheets to estimate your market value, negotiate your job offer, and ask for a raise or promotion
- 7 email templates with the exact words to say after your interviews, when you negotiate, or when asking your boss for a raise or promotion
- BONUS: 5 hours of easy-to-follow video courses to learn concepts quickly and see them in action
- BONUS: Interview Cheat Sheet to prepare for any interview in 15 minutes
- BONUS: 15 more email templates in addition to the templates in the book
- BONUS: 3 Case Studies show you how others negotiated their salaries
- BONUS: 2 Expert Interviews to learn what hiring managers are looking for
- BONUS: Mastering Business Email to help you write more professional business emails
So how does this work?
Here's a detailed summary of the entire process so you know exactly what to expect.
- You'll purchase your Strategy Session and you'll get instant access to the Fearless Salary Negotiation book, video courses and other materials in the Complete Bundle.
- I'll email you to schedule a time for your Strategy Session. You'll be able to choose a time that works best for you.
- I may reach out with some clarifying questions so I can be fully prepared for our call. I will make absolutely sure you get the most value possible from our conversation.
- We'll talk for up to an hour to plan your salary negotiation. We'll discuss your counter offer and negotiation strategy, do mock salary negotiations, and cover anything else you need to be fully prepared to negotiate the best compensation package possible.
- Email me any time with follow-up questions or updates. I'll be there for you if you have questions ahead of your negotiation, and I love to hear all about my clients' results!
How I became a salary negotiation coach
I'm Josh Doody, a professional salary negotiation coach who helps Software Developers get more job offers and negotiate higher salaries. On average, the Software Developers I work with improve their job offers by $46,150.
I didn't negotiate my salary at my first few jobs, but quickly realized I had left a lot of money on the table. I began negotiating and I doubled my salary in three years.
Now I use everything I learned from my own experience to help others make tens of thousands more dollars negotiating with Google, Apple, Facebook, Amazon, Tesla, @WalmartLabs, Zillow, Kimberly-Clark, Bloomberg, Red Hat, Verizon, IBM, Microsoft, and other companies you've heard of.
You can learn my strategy and tactics with my book, Fearless Salary Negotiation: A step-by-step guide to getting paid what you're worth.
PS You don’t get many opportunities to change companies and negotiate a big salary increase.
Whether you work with me directly, read my book, take my courses, or find your own way, do yourself a favor and make the most of this rare opportunity.
Taking control of that process and successfully negotiating a great salary affirmed my worth as a professional and spoke volumes about how valuable I am to my company.
I was happy working as a freelance copywriter when an enticing opportunity came along to work for a small company full-time. But in order to turn away all of my clients, which was a big risk, the opportunity and salary had to be just right.
I reached out to Josh for help negotiating the job offer, and his salary negotiation coaching gave me confidence during a tedious and nerve-wracking process. He helped remind me of what I was worth as a candidate and gave me the words to keep from settling for my minimal acceptable salary.
I feel really empowered as a woman every time I negotiate because I’ve read the statistics about women negotiating. Taking control of that process and successfully negotiating a great salary affirmed my worth as a professional and spoke volumes about how valuable I am to my company.
The extra income allowed my husband and me to get help with things like housekeeping so we can spend more quality time together on the weekends. We have also been able to save up for luxuries like a trip to Italy, and necessities like a new car.
In the end, I was blown away by my company's final offer. It promises to keep me satisfied in my new job for a long time.