Learn to negotiate your salary like a pro
Avoid the salary negotiation mistakes that can cost you thousands of dollars
Salary negotiation can be intimidating. There’s a lot on the line and every situation is unique. Plus, there are so many questions that it can feel overwhelming.
- Should you negotiate your salary?
- What if the company retracts your job offer?
- Are you paid what you’re worth?
- Should you disclose your current or desired salary?
- How do you ask for a raise?
It can be easy to just throw your hands up in frustration, but then you could be leaving many thousands of dollars on the table.
The most common salary negotiation mistake? Not negotiating at all.
Ashley was interviewing for a new consulting opportunity at a software company. Her old company was going through a significant reorganization, and she was looking for a new opportunity in a more stable working environment. She was even willing to accept a lateral move in pay to get out of the old company and into a new one. She wasn't planning to negotiate if they made her an offer that matched her current salary.
We scheduled a time to talk and I asked her some questions:
- "What is your market value?" Quite a bit higher than her current pay.
- "How do you stack up against other consultants in your industry?" She was one of the most experienced consultants in the industry.
- "How badly does this new company need your expertise?" They desperately needed her specific skillset and experience.
She was in a very strong negotiating position, but didn't even plan to negotiate if they could meet her current salary! With a little bit of coaching, she decided to negotiate rather than accepting a lateral move. The result? She made an additional $15,000 in base salary by negotiating her job offer.
This simple method will earn you thousands of dollars
The best part? You can use this method over and over throughout your career when you change jobs and you can use it at your current job. It's easy and repeatable.
If you could negotiate a $5,000 increase, you would make $5,000 more that first year. And you would make $5,000 the next year, and the next year, and the next year. Over 20 years, that $5,000 salary increase would be worth more than $100,000. That’s a lot of money to leave on the table out of frustration or fear.
Salary negotiation doesn't have to be scary - it's a skill you can learn, practice, and improve. Read Fearless Salary Negotiation, take notes, then follow Josh Doody's step-by-step negotiation process. Your future self will thank you.
This is everything you need to negotiate your salary like a pro
The Complete Bundle of Fearless Salary Negotiation includes:
- How to ace your next interview—A self-paced course to prepare you for the job interview process, avoid costly mistkaes, and get the best job offer possible.
- How to negotiate your starting salary—A self-paced course to walk you through the salary negotiation process and maximize your starting salary at your new job.
- How to get your next raise or promotion—A self-paced course to walk you through the entire raise and promotion process to set your goal, build your case, and make your request.
- How to estimate your market value—A self-paced course to answer the question "How much should I be paid?"
- How companies manage their salary structures—A simple overview of how companies manage their compensation structure and how that impacts your raises and promotions at work.
- The 200-page book in three formats (PDF, ePub and mobi).
- 4 detailed, easy-to-use worksheets to implement what you learn.
- 22 email templates you can use to make communicating easier.
- The Interview Cheat Sheet so you're prepared for every interview
- How to ace your next interview
- Post-interview follow-up
- How to negotiate your starting salary
- Overall strategy
- Post-interview follow-up
- Initial offer
- Your counteroffer
- The final discussion
- How to get your next raise or promotion
- Define your goal
- Prepare your case
- Present your case
- Assess your results and look ahead
- How companies manage their salary structures
- How to estimate your market value
- Fearless Salary Negotiation eBook, worksheets and templates
Common questions and answers about Fearless Salary Negotiation
Will Fearless Salary Negotiation work for me? Yes. Whether you’re an experienced executive or a recent college grad looking for your first full-time job, Fearless Salary Negotiation will help you negotiate a higher salary.
Josh C. is a Senior Business Development Executive and Harrison is a recent college grad:
Using techniques from Fearless Salary Negotiation—along with the included email templates and worksheets—I accepted a new job after getting my salary increased by $20K from the original offer along with an extra week of vacation! I had the confidence to go in with a strong negotiating position based on the knowledge I gained from the book.
Fearless Salary Negotiation gave me the confidence to navigate between two offers with pressing timelines, resulting in a competitive salary and challenging work.
What if I don’t need Fearless Salary Negotiation right now? Remember that example above where you negotiated $5,000 more in base salary and that added up to more than $100,000 over the next 20 years of your career? If you wait just one year, then that same $5,000 is only worth $95,000 over the next 20 years. Wait two years and that same $5,000 increase is only worth $90,000 over the next 20 years. The sooner you start negotiating your salary like a pro, the more money you will make over the course of your career.
I don’t have time for this right now. That’s not a question! But I’ll answer it anyway. ;) You can review all of the Fearless Salary Negotiation courses in about 3 hours on a Saturday afternoon. I'll even send you short emails with one key takeaway from each course so you get the highlights if you can't start right away. I don’t like fluff, so Fearless Salary Negotiation is a lean guide full of tactics and light on fluff.
Justin didn’t even read the whole book—he just skimmed two chapters—and he made another $11,000.
Thanks to Fearless Salary Negotiation, I was able to earn another $11,000 with a single email. This is the most valuable email I've ever sent, and I wouldn't have sent it if it wasn't for Fearless Salary Negotiation.
Fearless Salary Negotiation
Complete bundle of tools and resources
- Fearless Salary Negotiation PDF, ePub, mobi
- 4 detailed worksheets to walk you through it
- 7 email templates with the exact words to say
- BONUS: 5 hours of easy-to-follow video courses to learn concepts quickly and see them in action
- BONUS: Interview Cheat Sheet to prepare for any interview in 15 minutes
- BONUS: 15 more email templates in addition to the templates in the book
- BONUS: 3 Case Studies show you how others negotiated their salaries
- BONUS: 2 Expert Interviews to learn what hiring managers are looking for
- BONUS: Mastering Business Email to help you write more professional business emails
1-hour strategy call with a salary negotiation expert Custom salary negotiation emails and scripts Unlimited email support
Happy Customer GuaranteeIf you're not happy, I'll refund your money.
60-day money back guarantee
If you’re not happy with the book or courses, reach out any time in the first 60 days and I’ll refund your money.
That’s it—there’s no fine print. I know how valuable Fearless Salary Negotiation is and I know you’ll find it valuable.
So how does this work? What are you buying?
When you buy Fearless Salary Negotiation, you’ll be able to download all the files directly to your device. Everything is bundled in .zip files so you can easily download exactly what you need.
You own the book and courses.—I don’t use DRM or limit the number of devices you can use—and you will own them forever.
I’ll even email you to let you know when I update the book or courses.
How I became a salary negotiation coach
I'm Josh Doody, a professional salary negotiation coach who helps Software Developers get more job offers and negotiate higher salaries. On average, the Software Developers I work with improve their job offers by $46,150.
I didn't negotiate my salary at my first few jobs, but quickly realized I had left a lot of money on the table. I began negotiating and I doubled my salary in three years.
Now I use everything I learned from my own experience to help others make tens of thousands more dollars negotiating with Google, Apple, Facebook, Amazon, Tesla, @WalmartLabs, Zillow, Kimberly-Clark, Bloomberg, Red Hat, Verizon, IBM, Microsoft, and other companies you've heard of.
You can learn my strategy and tactics with my book, Fearless Salary Negotiation: A step-by-step guide to getting paid what you're worth.
Josh’s advice helped me land a better job and a bigger salary with more benefits than I even thought possible.
PS The sooner you start negotiating your salary like a pro, the sooner you can start earning more money
Fearless Salary Negotiation will teach you skills you can use over and over throughout your career, earning more money every time, so this is one of the best investments you’ll ever make.
Ready to get started? Get The Complete Bundle now.