Negotiate your first contract without leaving anything
on the table
“I've heard my first contract isn't negotiable, but can I negotiate...”
My shift schedule?
My early-signing stipend?
Congratulations, you're a graduating physician, and now you have a whole new set of problems to deal with.
You are finally finishing up and you feel like you're just barely hanging on. But now it's time to start your interviews, which will hopefully lead to job offers.
You've heard that first contracts aren't negotiable, but you aren't so sure. Another resident who was a year ahead of you told you that she got a better hourly rate. Another resident told you that he got a huge monthly stipend for signing early.
How did they do that? Can you do that?
Earn tens or even hundreds of thousands of dollars in additional benefits and compensation by negotiating your contract.
- Imagine knowing exactly what to ask for in your salary negotiation.
- Imagine knowing how to find out exactly what's negotiable for each hospital, group, or practice.
- Imagine getting paid to finish your training.
With Fearless Salary Negotiation for Graduating Physicians, you'll have everything you need to negotiate your first contract without leaving anything on the table.
What you'll learn
Table of Contents
- Part 1: Understanding your market value
- What do physicians in your specialty and geographic region get paid?
- Part 2: Negotiating each contract
- The basics: What to expect in a typical contract
- Hospital contracts: What's special
- Group contracts: What's special
- Other things you should ask about
- Negotiating sweeteners
- Part 3: Comparing your offers and choosing the best one
- How to pick the right opportunity
Learn from a salary negotiation expert
I'm Josh Doody, a professional salary negotiation coach who helps Software Developers get more job offers and negotiate higher salaries. On average, the Software Developers I work with improve their job offers by $16,360.
I didn't negotiate my salary at my first few jobs, but quickly realized I had left a lot of money on the table. I began negotiating and I doubled my salary in three years.
Now I use everything I learned from my own experience to help others make tens of thousands more dollars negotiating with Google, Amazon, Tesla, @WalmartLabs, Zillow, Kimberly-Clark, Bloomberg, Red Hat, Verizon, IBM, Microsoft, and other companies you've heard of.
You can learn my strategy and tactics with my book, Fearless Salary Negotiation: A step-by-step guide to getting paid what you're worth.