What you'll learn
- How long has it been? How frequently you get raises is just as important as how large they are.
- Ring the bell, get a prize Why should you be paid more than your current salary?
- "Help me pay for my new BMW?" How you ask for a raise is as important as what you ask for.
- Birthday budget Timing is everything when asking for a raise.
- I give up What will happen when you ask for a raise, and how to plan your next steps.
Thanks to Josh's inspiration, last month was my 1 year in my current job and I just negotiated a 20% bump in my base salary!J.W., Principal Engineer
Early in my career, I missed out on a lot of valuable opportunities. I wanted to make more money, but I thought the best way to do that was to work hard and wait patiently to be recognized for my work.
I worked hard, and spent a lot of time waiting. And waiting.
Eventually, I realized there was more to it than "work hard and wait". I realized I had made some costly mistakes, and it took me several years to recover from them.
With these 5 lessons, I'll show you 5 Salary Mistakes that I learned the hard way, so you can learn from my experience and earn a lot more money over your career.