Every Monday you start a new work week. You check your email, review your calendar, and plan for all your big meetings. Then you have a quiet moment and that same old thought creeps in:
You've had that thought every week for months, and every week you find the same answer:
I'll figure it out next week.
Then you go back to checking your email, reviewing your calendar, and getting ready for all those meetings. The same emails. The same schedule. The same meetings. The same job. The same paycheck. It's all the same.
I wanted a raise, but didn't know where to start.
This course walked me through a simple process to prepare my case and ask for a raise. Each lesson had specific action items for me to make steady progress, and I got feedback on my work plus great answers to my questions every step of the way.
I needed a push and a process, and this course gave me both. I'm definitely recommending this course to my friends.John Li, Android Software Engineer
How many weeks has it been?
How many weeks has it been since you first thought, "What's next?" All those weeks with a smaller paycheck than you could've gotten.
What if you could go back in time to that first Monday when this thought first crept in and do something about it right then? Where would you be right now?
There are three possibilities—all of them are good for your long-term career:
- You could already be there, at the next level doing your new job and collecting that bigger paycheck—$50 a week, $100 a week, $200 a week, or more.
- You could be executing a plan with a clear timeline that you and your manager put together to get you to the next level. You would be making progress, not sitting still.
- You could be looking ahead to better opportunities if the raise or promotion you feel you've earned simply isn't available to you at your current company.
But you haven't even started doing something about it yet. So could be leaving money on the table every week while your career stagnates.
Why haven't you started?
That's the question, isn't it? If you're literally leaving money on the table every time you get a paycheck, then what's holding you back?
Maybe you don't know where to start or what to do. "I want a raise." or "I want a promotion." isn't a plan, it's a dream. But you don't need a dream, you need a plan.
This is your plan
The Get Your Next Raise process for getting a raise is simple. But knowing the process and doing the process are two different things. If you just keep putting it off and waiting until later, you may never follow through.
Waiting just six months to get a $5,000 raise will cost you $2,500—that's ten times the cost of this course!
Hundreds of people have read my best selling book Fearless Salary Negotiation, and I've worked with many people 1-on-1 to walk them through this process with great results. Now I'm offering the same process as self-paced course for only
$247 $197 when you pre-order.
I wasn’t sure if the value was there but now that I’ve taken it I can say that EVERYONE should take this course.
I wanted to make sure I wasn’t leaving money on the table and that I knew what my manager and company were looking for to give me a raise. This course taught me exactly what I needed to know, and Josh gave great answers to all of my questions about my specific situation.
Now I know that preparing for a raise is not difficult or overwhelming with the right guidance and the systemic process I learned in this course.Thai, Senior Software Engineer
What is it?
This course will help you set your goal and build your case for your next raise. You'll work at your own pace—as quickly or casually as you like—and get answers to questions and feedback from me as you go.
Lessons, action items, feedback, progress
- Each lesson has a video where you will learn what you need to complete your action items for that lesson. We'll approach the process in seven manageable lessons so you don't get overwhelmed.
- Each lesson has clear action items to keep you moving forward. As you move through each lesson and complete the action items, you will move on to the next lesson.
- Regular feedback on your progress. For each lesson, I will give you feedback on your progress and offer suggestions to improve the case you're building.
You'll also get...
- Your own copy of Fearless Salary Negotiation. Get the eBook in three formats, worksheets, email templates, and case studies.
- The Get Your Next Raise video lessons. You can download all seven DRM-free lessons so you own all of the course content forever.
- Unlimited email support throughout the course. You can reach out to me directly any time during the course to ask questions or get feedback on your work.
- Lesson 1: Start now—How Get Your Next Raise will get you un-stuck.
- Lesson 2: Estimate your market value—Before you can set your goal, you need to know your market value.
- Lesson 3: Set your goal——Now that you know your market value, you can set your goal—your target salary.
- Lesson 4: Build your case——Document your accomplishments and accolades to demonstrate the value you have added since your salary was last set,
- Lesson 5: Put your case in writing—Combine your target salary, accomplishments and accolades into a single document to make your case for your next raise.
- Lesson 6: Ask for your raise—Now that you have a strong, written case, you can confidently ask your manager for your raise.
- Lesson 7: Plan your next steps—Learn how your manager is likely to respond to your request, what each response means, and how to plan your next steps for each outcome.
Common questions and answers
How long does this take?
Each lesson should take 30–60 minutes. Your total time invested will probably be about 4–5 hours.
The course is self-paced, so you can move through the lessons as quickly or leisurely as you like. You could easily complete the course in a day or two, or take your time over a few weeks.
How does it work?
Here's a high-level summary of the cadence for each of the six lessons:
- Starts with an email overview of the lesson and a link to the lesson page
- Watch the lesson video lesson (5 to 10 minutes)
- Complete the lesson's action items using the included templates and worksheets
- Get my feedback or input on your progress
- Move on to the next lesson when you're ready
Each lesson has a video lesson to define your goals for that lesson and cover the background and details you need to complete the lesson's action items.
Then you'll complete the lesson's action items, ask me any questions you have, and get my feedback on your progress if you like.
Once you're comfortable with that lesson and have completed the action items, you will move to the next lesson when you're ready or you'll be automatically moved to the next lesson after one week.
What does "self-paced" mean?
You can move as quickly or slowly as you like, and the course will help you keep moving. You will always be able to request the next lesson whenever you're ready, so if you want to cruise through the entire course in one sitting, you can!
If you want to pace yourself, ask questions, and get my feedback as you go, you can do that too. I'll email you a few days after you begin the lesson to see how things are going and encourage you to keep moving. After a week, you'll automatically get the next lesson so you don't fall behind.
90-day Money Back Guarantee
I guarantee you will be satisfied with this course or I will happily refund your money for 90 days. And the included course materials—book and video lessons—are yours to keep.
Fearless Salary Negotiation is so good I bought a copy for everyone our company places.Patrick McKenzie (AKA @patio11), CEO of Starfighter
Thanks to the ideas and strategies in Fearless Salary Negotiation, I was able to negotiate a $13,000 per year raise. You would be foolish to not invest in this resource. The ROI is ludicrous.Mike G., Chief Financial Officer